Frequently Asked Questions
Signs braces may be needed
- Overjet - Upper front teeth excessively protrude
- Overbite - Upper teeth cover nearly all of lower teeth when biting down
- Underbite - Upper front teeth behind or inside the lower front teeth
- Openbite - The top and bottom front teeth don’t touch when biting down
- Crowding or spacing
- Difficulty chewing
- Finger or thumb sucking habits
Benefits of Orthodontics
- Improved function of the teeth
- Increased ability to keep teeth clean
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Reduce excessive wear of the teeth
- Better long term health of teeth and gums
- A more attractive smile which increases self-confidence
Why an Orthodontist?
Orthodontists have completed an advanced education program after dental school, to learn the special skills required to manage tooth movement and guide facial development.
Right age for orthodontics?
Orthodontics is for everyone regardless of age! However, in children, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends the first screening at age 7. This allows for identifying dental conditions early so the treatment can be correctly timed for maximum benefit.
First Visit and Finance/Insurance
Upon arriving, each patient and parent will be seen by the staff and doctor who will introduce you to our office, take the necessary photos and x-rays and perform a comprehensive oral exam. All your questions pertaining to treatment recommendations, fees for treatment, payment options and insurance will be addressed. These services are complimentary so that you may make an informed decision.
How long is treatment and how frequent are the appointments?
Treatment time depends on each patient’s specific orthodontic problem. The average time frame for orthodontic treatment is approximately 18 months. During the course of treatment you will be seen in our office every 4 to 8 weeks.
Do I still need to see the dentist during orthodontic treatment?
It is very important to maintain regular checkups with your family dentist. Your dentist will determine the intervals between cleaning appointments while you are in braces.
How to schedule an appointment – No referral needed
It is not necessary to have a referral to schedule an appointment with our office. For your convenience, you may call us at 480-998-1188 or schedule an appointment online.